Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Nurse Manager or immediate supervision of an RN, the person holding this position scrubs major and minor procedures, sets up operating room and instrument, assists in post operative cleaning and prepares operative area.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: One-year experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information as needed.
- Responsible for patient care through the surgical scrub process.
- Will be on-call or call back status nights and or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.
- Participates in computerized health information systems.
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner.
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.