Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Physical or Occupational Therapist, the PTA perform job duties of a registered physical therapist assistant and those general duties specific to the Rehabilitative Services Department
Reports to: Physical Therapist / Occupational Therapist
Education: Minimum Associate’s degree in physical therapy from an accredited institution offering training in this specialty, plus a supervised clinical internship; and licensed as a PTA in the State of Arkansas.
Experience: Two to four years’ experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining standards of patient care in accordance with hospital regulations, policies and procedures as established for physical therapy.
- Confers with the physical therapist and medical staff regarding policies and procedures pertaining to the care of their patients in this area.
- May supervise therapy aides.
- Must exhibit good rapport with other departments and nursing staff to enhance the quality of patient care.
- Active in continuous quality improvement studies
- Assists Physical or Occupational Therapist in patient evaluations
- Assists with Record keeping
- Participates in computerized health information systems.
- Assists with making appointments for patients
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner.
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.