Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Lab Director, the Medical Technologist Medical Laboratory Technologist will perform mechanical and chemical operations and microscopic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
Reports to: Administrative Director of Lab
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
In depth, and up to date knowledge of laboratory function, acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology.
Experience: Prior experience preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical and chemical operations and microscopic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- Receives or obtains specimens for laboratory analysis
- Applies techniques in the disciplines of Hematology, Serology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Chemistry, Bacteriology, and Immunohematology and understands the relationship of test results to patient age-specific characteristics
- Ensures that tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and that the results are recorded and reported in a timely manner
- Assists MLT’s in the performance of duties, both technically and theoretically
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis