Job Summary: At the direction and control of the Director of ER, the Registered Nurse provides professional patient care services. Will be required to work shifts as scheduled which include evenings, nights, and/or weekends on a regular or as needed basis.
Reports to: Departmental Nurse Manager
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Registered Nurse
- BLS (CPR) Certification required.
- ACLS preferred but not required
- PALS preferred but not required
- TNCC required within 12 months of hire date after completing hospital-based and unit-based competencies.
- A copy must be provided to the HR department and Laboratory department of the employee’s High School Diploma or high School Transcript showing Graduation, and a copy of their highest education (nursing diploma.) for all RN’s in the ER that perform tests on the machine Stratus CS. (Per the Laboratory Surveyor’s)
Experience: Five (5) years’ hospital experience preferred.
Previous ER RN experience preferred but not required.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment
- Manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team while promoting teamwork.
- Documents on individual flow sheet and progress notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information
- May function as lead or charge nurse
- Provide population specific care- i.e. Language Line, Speak Clearly, ADA accommodations.
- Participates in computerized health information systems.
- Prepares reports for departmental and accounting purposes in a timely manner.
- Maintains nursing competencies
- Maintains standards required by regulatory entities
- Actively participate in all special events
- All other duties as assigned