As a clinical medical assistant you will be required to assist healthcare professionals in patient assessment, examination, diagnosis and treatment, working closely with patients who are sick or injured.
Reports to: Clinic Director
Education: Certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
Experience: Prior experience preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing treatment and examination rooms for patients
- Getting patients ready for examinations, treatments and procedures
- Assisting with examinations and routine procedures, including minor surgery
- Taking blood samples and specimens, dressing wounds and recording vital signs
- Performing routine lab tests
- Aseptic technique and infection control
- Sterilization of equipment
- Administering medications
- Performing some administrative duties, for example arranging lab work and prescriptions or filing patient records
- Other duties as assigned.