Job Title: Assistant Clinical Director-Nursing
This position is a secession position for the Clinical Director position.
Job Summary: The Clinical Director has overall assigned responsibility for administering nursing activities in their unit to ensure the highest quality of patient care is provided. Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care and staff development.
These managerial duties include, but are not limited to:
- Personnel Management
- Clinical Practice Management
- Financial Management
- Resource Management
- Regulatory Management
- Quality/Performance Improvement Management
Reports to: CNO, through Clinical Director
Licensure: Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a Registered Nurse.
Education: RN-ADN or Diploma required; RN-BSN preferred.
Experience: Two years’ experience as Registered Nurse (or equivalent work experience as RN and LPN), with clinical knowledge in assigned specialty. Prefer experience in performing duties of Charge Nurse in specialty. Prefer experience in nursing management and/or leadership.
- Walking or standing for an hour or more at a time
- Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Stooping and bending
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands
- Proofreading and checking documents for accuracy
- Using a keyboard to enter or transform words or data
- Identifying and distinguishing colors
- Hearing in normal and soft tones
- Ability to read and understand written English words and sentences
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English words and sentences
- Ability to understand spoken English words and sentences
- Ability to communicate with others by telephone and e-mail
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities promptly and with little direct supervision in planning and organizing workload
- Ability to judge the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances or problems.
The demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Critical Demands: Participates in Management Accountabilities by:
- Safety Sensitive Position
- Working with confidential information
- Performing life-threatening procedures
- Understanding, supporting and promoting the organizational values inherent in the philosophy of Mena Regional Health System
- Performing job duties in a manner which demonstrates the values of Mena Regional Health System and its commitment to customer service
- Ensuring cooperation between SBH and other departments of the hospital
- Maintain assigned department records, policies and job descriptions according to policy and procedures
- Preparing and operating budgets, including capital, personnel and expense budgets.
- Establishing goals and objectives for the assigned departments.
- Operating the departments within regulatory agency requirements.
- Ensuring adequate department equipment and supplies are available.
- Maintaining effective open communication between their department, Administration and staff.
- Maintaining Managerial competence
- Complying with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Evaluating staff performance and recommending salary changes
- Supervising orientation of new employees
Managing the responsibility for the development, approval and implementation of standards
of nursing practice for each department which supports the mission and philosophy of Mena
Regional Health System
- Participating in policy decisions affecting patient care services at relevant levels of corporate decision making within the system in accordance with the philosophy of Mena Regional Health System
- Potential exposure to infections patients or materials
- Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances
- Potential for sticks or cuts by needles or other sharp items
- Potential for musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques are not used
- Working with hands in water
- Extensive computer data entry
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and monitor achievement of goals and objectives for Unit consistent with MRHS Policy and procedure
- Evaluate employee performance and competency, recommend salary changes
- Attend Daily Staffing Report Meetings
- Attend monthly NLT
- Rotates call with all nurse managers
- Maintain and monitor productivity of the Unit
- Manages the financial and capital resources of Unit by monitoring operating revenue and expenses, establishing and maintaining cost control programs. Prepare and maintain budgets.
- Ensures the services and programs provided to the department; identifies and establishes quality measures and standards (SQI) for continuous quality improvement.
- Implement Preceptor Program
- Encourages professional development of staff by promoting and supporting clinical education and training opportunities
- Act as Mentor for all nursing services employees
- Participates in Infection Control prevention and control practices
- Oversee that each nurse has current licensure and clinical certifications as required to work on Unit
- Actively participate in the community related projects
- Assist Managers in filling daily staffing needs
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of nurses