MRHS Emergency Room is staffed 24 hours a day by full time ER physicians with a full coverage of RNs, four-bed Level 4 Trauma Unit, eight exam rooms and one isolation room.
AR SAVES: This program presents an innovative solution to a complex, statewide problem. The AR Saves initiative leans upon the expertise of Arkansas’ vascular neurologist, innovative telemedicine systems, and ground breaking medications to treat Arkansas’ stroke patients. This technology links emergency room doctors at participating hospitals to specially trained vascular neurologist via live, two way video, available 24 hours a day. The program, led by UAMS, helps to ensure timely treatment of stroke patients by increasing access to subspecialty expertise through telemedicine technology.
- assessment/treatment of emergency patients including eye, ear, nose and throat
- chest pain-MIs, abdominal pain
- musculoskeletal injuries
- pulmonary emergencies: asthma, pneumonia, COPD, environmental emergencies
- disaster preparedness
- pediatric medical emergencies, pediatric trauma
- surface trauma
- legal/ethical considerations: abuse; elderly, child, domestic
- psychiatric emergencies
- motor vehicle crash trauma